Bathroom Furniture that will take your bathroom to the next level
Furniture is rarely considered in the early stages of an installation. It is only after central features such as a shower or bath are installed that furniture starts to get attention.
The first thing to consider when looking for new furniture is the size and location of your bathroom. Is your bathroom small or large, downstairs or up?
If your bathroom is large, you may have the luxurious choice of freestanding bathroom furniture. But if your installation is small, then small bathroom furniture or even wall hung bathroom furniture may be perceived as better options.
Another thing to think about is the layout of your bathroom. What is your bathroom shape? A bathroom's shape will always influence its furniture, so take this into consideration when shopping.
If you’re looking to utilise a particular space inside your bathroom, like a corner or a space that is slightly offset, our range of fitted or even storage bathroom furniture may be your best option.
But, if your bathroom has more of a generic shape, we’re confident we'll still have a piece of furniture that’s perfect for your home.
In terms of furniture plans, perhaps the last thing to consider is the purpose of your furniture. Do you want furniture that is solely for storage? Or a piece that allows you to perform day-to-day grooming such as mirrored bathroom furniture or a vanity unit with basin.
With our wide range of vanity units, we have something for every lifestyle option, so really consider what it is you want from your furniture before you go out to buy it.
Now that’s out the way, the fun can really begin, and you’re truly on your way to take your bathroom to the next level.
Educate yourself on furniture and maximise bathroom potential
As soon as the size, layout and purpose of your bathroom have been considered, you’re now in a position to look at furniture style. The style of your furniture will depend on your overall bathroom style. If your bathroom is traditional, then traditional bathroom furniture will be your best option. Likewise, if your bathroom style is modern and contemporary, buying modern bathroom furniture always makes sense.
We rarely recommend furnishing your bathroom with traditional bathroom furniture if your bathroom is styled in a contemporary fashion, but of course there are always exceptions to the rule.
The benefits of tuning your furniture in line with bathroom style will not only improve your lifestyle, but also maximise your bathroom’s potential. There is plenty of information on bathroom style that is readily available, so read it and take inspiration where necessary.
Whether you choose oak bathroom furniture, black bathroom furniture, or even freestanding bathroom furniture, the key is to educate yourself on what will be the best option for your bathroom.
Using instinct also helps, remember to follow that gut feeling; it is usually right.
Once you’ve put in the work, you can prepare yourself to experience bathroom furniture excellence.
Important bathroom furniture information
As soon as the style of your furniture has been chosen, you’re nearly there. However, there are few things to consider before purchasing. The first is whether you want to position your furniture underneath a window.
Why is this important?
Compared to walls, windows attract different levels of condensation. This can affect furniture material, so it is important to seek advice on what materials are most suitable for your bathroom.
Our advice is talk to a member of the Bathroom City team. We have over 30 years’ experience in the bathroom industry and would be more than happy to help.
Another thing to think about is where the plumbing is located inside your bathroom. Your bathroom layout should work in sync with the position of the bathroom pipes. Changing the position of your pipes is possible, but it requires more work and more money.
Next is colour. Traditionally, the colour that comes to people’s mind when they think of a bathroom is white. Yet more and more bathroom furniture defies this tradition and is available in a range of colours. Our range of furniture colours range from dark tones to light pastels.
Colour is naturally linked with mood, so be aware of this when purchasing. Think about the colour and style of key bathroom features such as the bath and shower cubicle. The colours you choose for your bathroom will come naturally, but if you do find yourself struggling, do some research or seek advice.
And remember, we’re only a phone call away. (0121 753 0700)
Bathroom furniture product reviews
Hacienda 1500 Fitted Bathroom Furniture Pack
The Hacienda 1500 is the complete bathroom furniture solution. Designed and manufactured in our own factory, this bathroom furniture piece features everything needed for complete bathroom usability.
• The Hacienda 1500 comes with a vanity unit and an integrated basin meaning that your storage and washing area are subtly combined as one. The beauty of the Hacienda 1500 stems from its simplicity. Each part of the furniture pack gels perfectly together, making it both stylish and practical.
• High gloss white acrylic unit fronts not only make your bathroom look great, they also increase bathroom quality. This means buying the Hacienda is a good financial investment because it is bound to last.
• The handles on the Hacienda 1500 are made from brass and finished in a pristine chrome finish. The good news is that solid brass never falters, so you get the sturdiness of brass and the good looks of chrome in one well-designed handle.
• The beautiful walnut trim gives the Hacienda 1500 Furniture pack contrast. Whereas the gloss white fronts offer a hypnotic style, the walnut trim settles it down
• Hacienda 1500 isn’t suited for smaller bathrooms, so if you’re looking to decorate a smaller bathroom, this unit isn’t for you.
Old England Vanity Unit 105 and Basin
The Old English Vanity Unit 105 and Basin is a classic piece of oak bathroom furniture. Simply designed with two front doors, this Old English Vanity Unit cleverly merges quality material with quality craftsmanship. Most of all, this vanity unit embodies everything that a traditional piece of bathroom furniture should.
• The Old English Vanity Unit 105’s basin is made from vitreous china to add both quality and luxury to your bathroom.
• What makes this unit so interesting is the use of modern handles on what is outwardly a traditional unit. This contrast has a profound effect on the unit, making it unique but still true to its traditional roots.
• This unit is designed and made in our own Birmingham factory, meaning this product is exclusive to Bathroom City.
• The soft handles door hinges don’t just improve user experience, they protect the unit from getting damaged. This means your vanity unit and basin will become a central feature for a long time.
• As expected, this style of bathroom unit is suitable for a traditionally designed bathroom.
Insolito Carolla 1 Door Bathroom Storage Unit (Charcoal Grey)
Ideal for ensuite and cloakrooms, this charcoal grey Insolito Corolla 1 Door Bathroom Storage Unit is the perfect slim-line vanity unit for storing bathrooms bits and bobs. Made from American White Ash, and finished in a charcoal grey coating, this unit sits in the interesting void between modern and traditional bathroom furniture.
• This storage cupboard is made from an industry respected material. American White Ash wood is famous for its sturdiness and quality, so you can be assured that buying this unit will create long-term staisfaction.
• This particular cupboard comes pre-assembled so there is no need to worry about constructing a flat pack, the work is already done for you.
• The cupboard comes with a stylish door knob that adds both character and personality.
• This bathroom storage units doesn’t just come in charcoal grey, it’s also available in Whisper Grey and French Vanilla finishes.
• If you’re looking for that complete bathroom look, there’s a matching vanity basin and bathroom mirror also available.
SolitAire 7005 Vanity Unit and Basin with Led Light 2 Draw 2 Door
This wall hung vanity unit and basin comes with a LED light and two deep draws that make it both appealing and functional. Designed for a modern bathroom, this vanity unit and basin comes in a range of finishes and colours. If you’re looking to equip your bathroom with storage, style and valuable floor space, then the SolitAire is the cabinet for you.
• This freestanding bathroom furniture unit and basin unit is available with a range high gloss unit fronts that come in white, anthracite, and graphite. The variety of colours available mean that no matter what the colour or mood of your bathroom, there will be an option that’s perfect for you.
• Each of the mineral marble washbasins is available in white, grey metallic or black metallic. Again, this gives you control over what your unit appearance.
• The Solitaire 7005 has soft close door mechanics which enables it to improve user experience and protect the doors themselves.
• The Solitaire offers two types of designer handles. Both styles are made from brass and filmed in chrome, but both vary in terms of image.
• The beauty of Solitaire unit is how easy it is to install. This unit doesn’t require any work at home apart from fixing it to your bathroom wall.
Oslo Max Corner Unit
The Oslo Max Corner Unit is the perfect piece of corner bathroom furniture. Providing a sleek storage solution as well as a basin counter top service. Made with a seamless surface, this bathroom furniture piece is an ideal bathroom asset for both storage and style.
The Oslo Max Corner Unit is a stylish piece of furniture that features a cast marble top. Other features include soft close doors and two deep drawers.
• The Oslo natural cast marble stone work top adds quality and luxury to your bathroom.
• The Oslo is easy to maintain and easy to clean.
• The plinth is included in this corner unit, so you can be assured that you don’t have to make any other additional purchases.
• This unit is only ideal for a bathroom corner, so be aware of this before you purchasing.
• This bathroom unit is suitable for modern This bathroom unit is ideal for modern bathrooms styled bathrooms only, and wouldn’t advise
• It wouldn’t be suitable for anywhere else.
Although not as essential as other parts of the bathroom such as the bath or toilet, furniture plays an important role in a bathroom’s overall success. Bathroom City’s range of furniture is wide varied, stretching from vintage bathroom furniture and contemporary bathroom furniture to fitted bathroom furniture and space saving bathroom furniture.
The key thing things to remember with furniture are the style, shape and purpose of it. Once these three important factors have been addressed, you’re now on the way to achieving bathroom excellence.
For more information on bathroom furniture, call us today on 0121 753 0700. Alternatively, come in and visit our Tyseley showroom open Monday to Friday 09:00:17:30, Saturday 09:00:17:00 or Sunday 10:00: 16:30.