Extractor Fans at Bathroom City
Wall Fan or Ceiling Fan?
What better way to clear the air than with extractor fans from Bathroom City. Featuring a diverse range of styles, sizes and brands, our bathroom ventilation products are second to none. With an accommodating range of wall fans and ceiling fans that come with varying extraction rates and decibel levels, we’re confident that we have something for you.
One of the main decisions you need to make when purchasing ventilation is where you want your extractor fan positioned. Where your fan is positioned will be predominantly down to your bathroom layout. As a rule of thumb, we recommend positioning your fan near your shower enclosure as this is the area where it is most likely to be humid.
Whether you position your extractor fan on the ceiling or wall is down to personal preference, but remember to position it where you believe it will be most effective.
Another variable that can change depending on your bathroom size is the extraction rate of your fan. To generalise, the larger the bathroom you are looking to ventilate, the higher the extractor rate necessary to do it. On the contrary, smaller bathrooms require less power.
The measurement levels for extractor fans are based m3/hr, or to put it simply, metre cubed per hour. One thing that must be mentioned is that size isn’t the only variable that affects what strength of extractor fan is required. The other is how busy your bathroom is; the busier the bathroom, the more power required to demystify it. Likewise, the sparser the bathroom, the lower-powered extractor fan required.
The noise level the extractor fan makes is also significant. The ideal situation is to have a high extraction level with a low decibel level.
Extractor Fans Style Options
Perhaps the most interesting aspect of an extractor fan purchase is choosing its style. Just like any other bathroom accessory, the extractor fan needs to be congruent with the bathroom that surrounds it. The key to choosing the right type of extractor fan is based around creating a unified bathroom image. Therefore, if your bathroom consists of a more traditional theme, a conventional bathroom vent fan is perhaps your best option. On the contrary, if your bathroom is modern and minimal, then a modern fan is definitely going to be more suited to your needs. Choosing what you need isn’t as straight forward as it should be. Which is why we have chosen 3 products to discuss in further detail
Breeze Timmer Humidity extractor Fan, White HiB
If you’re looking to demystify your bathroom in a sleek but effective manner the Breeze Timer extractor fan from HiB is definitely the one for you. Distinguishable by its simple, minimal shape and white finish, this extractor fan is powerful enough to demystify a large bathroom and small enough to go unnoticed. It's also built with a humidity sensor and timer that can be adapted according to your bathroom environment.
- Contemporary, Sleek Design - With its curved edges and organic shape, the breeze timmer extractor fan is the ideal addition to a contemporary bathroom.
- Quiet But Powerful- With a modest sound level of just 33 decibels and an impressive extraction rate of 88 m3/hr, this product is more than just a pretty face.
- IPX-4 protected- This means it’s protected from a splash of water in any direction for at least 5 minutes.
- Discreet in appearance- The true beauty of this product stems from its ability to merge with the rest of the modern bathroom décor.
Hush White Timmer Bathroom Extractor Fan
Perhaps better suited towards a more period styled bathroom, this Bathroom extractor fan from HiB uses its traditional exposed propeller to successfully extract humid air out of your bathroom. Like the name it boasts, this extractor fans boasts an impressive 25 decibels extractor fan, making it extremely discreet and quiet.
- Discreet white ventilation fan with timer- The subtlety of this bathroom extractor fan enables the other bathroom features to take your bathroom’s limelight.
- Very quiet, only 25 decibels - This effective bathroom vent fan keeps your bathroom’s noise pollution at an all-time low.
- Performs at 88m3/hr - Powerful extraction rate.
- IPX4 - electrically safe for use in the bathroom- This means it’s protected from a splash of water in any direction for at least 5 minutes.
Turbo Inline Bathroom Extractor Fan Chrome
- Modern Design - This particular fan features a and sleek design that is ideal for a contemporary bathroom.
- Chrome finish- Offering a sleek feel to your bathroom
- Diameter 140mm, Depth 73mm- Large enough to become a bathroom feature.
- 37 decibels
- IPX4 rated
- Supplied with an MR16 3 Watt LED bulb
Bathroom extractor fans play are an important part of your bathroom experience. Our range is both wide and diverse, able to cater for every style of bathroom. For more information on the bathrooms we provide, call today on 0121 753 0700. Alternatively, come in and visit our showroom open Monday –Friday 09:00-17:30, Saturday 09:00-17:00, and Sunday 10:00-16:00.