How to Clean a Shower Head
Compared to the other components of your shower area, your shower head is perhaps the most susceptible to collecting dirt, mould and limescale. When cleaning your shower area, always make sure your shower head isn’t neglected.
Here is a step-by-step plan of how to clean it:
- The first thing to do is to dismantle the handheld shower from its flexible shower hose. This gives you much better access to clean it without the need to stand inside the shower enclosure itself.
- If possible, unscrew the cover of the shower head as this will enable you to gain further access to those hard-to-read places.
- Now let the shower head soak for around 15 minutes in a bowl of white vinegar to help loosen dirt, muck, and limescale.
- Using a small brush, we recommend a toothbrush, make sure each shower hole is clean and ready.
- Repeat this process when necessary, once these nozzles are clear of debris, simply screw the handheld shower back onto the shower hose and run the water through to make sure all the nozzle holes are clear.
In most bathrooms, the shower head is valued just as much from a design point-of-view as it is a functional one. Often a central eye-catcher for users and guests, your shower head looking pristine, clean and glimmering with beauty gives your bathroom that complete look.
For more information on the best tips to clean your showerhead, or even on the shower heads that we provide, call today on 0121 753 0700 or come in and visit us Monday-Friday 9:00- 5:30 pm or Saturday 09:00-17:00, Sunday 10:00-16:00